High Court Notice - Long Vacation 2023
Practitioners are hereby advised of the following arrangements during the Long Vacation 2023.
A High Court Judge will be available every day throughout the Long Vacation to hear urgent applications.
Applications will not be listed before the vacation Judge without certification from the High Court Duty Registrar that the matter is urgent. In the case of any such matter please contact the Four Courts at 01-8886000 and make arrangements with the High Court Duty Registrar.
All sittings before the vacation Judge will take place Monday to Friday in the Four Courts (Court 13) at 11.00 a.m. unless otherwise advised by the Registrar.
In addition to the foregoing, the following categories of business shall be heard as follows:
- The Bail List will take place in Cloverhill Courthouse each Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at 10 a.m. throughout August and September.
- The Extradition List will take place in the Criminal Courts of Justice in Court 20 at 11a.m. on the 17th and 31st of August and the 14th and 25th September.
- The Special Care List will take place at 10.00 a.m. in Remote Court 36 on the 24th of August and 21st of September.
- There will be a Commercial Court Motion List at 11.00 a.m. in Court 16 Four Courts on the 5th and 19th of September.
- The Hague Luxembourg Convention List will take place at 11.00 a.m. in Court 15 Four Courts on the 5th of September.
- The Wards of Court List will take place at 11.00 a.m. in Court 6 Four Courts on the 5th, 12th, 13th, 28th and 29th of September. The Duty Judges are authorised to deal with urgent Wardship business on all other dates.
- The President’s Professional List will take place at 11.00 a.m. in Court 15 Four Courts on the 19th of September.
The Legal Diary will be published on the Courts Service website (www.courts.ie) on each day on which the Central Office is open during the Long Vacation. Due to the Four Courts Programme of building maintenance scheduled during the Long Vacation, courtrooms may change during the months of August and September therefore check the legal diary closer to the assigned dates.
Central Office of the High Court
The Central Office is open for business by appointment only made by using the online appointment system https://www.courts.ie/appointments. For urgent matters, where it is not possible to book online, please email email@example.com to make an appointment.
31st July 2023