The Supreme Court Office provides administrative and registry support to the Court. It has a public office where applications for leave to appeal and appeal documentation are filed. The office is managed by the Registrar of the Supreme Court.
The Office and its staff is responsible for the following functions:
- reviewing filing and documentation for compliance with the rules and practice of the Court
- managing applications for leave to appeal and appeals to ensure that they are progressed fairly and efficiently
- listing applications and appeals
- issuing and publishing the determinations and judgments of the Court
- drafting and finalising orders of the Court
- enrolling the text of the Constitution embodying amendments in accordance with Article 25 5 2 of the Constitution and enrolling Acts of the Oireachtas in accordance with Article 25 4 5 of the Constitution
- processing applications to be appointed as a notary public or a commissioner of oaths
- authenticating the signatures of notaries or commissioners on legal documents for use in Ireland or other jurisdictions
- supporting protocol functions including the swearing in of new judges by the Chief Justice and calls to the Bars of Ireland.