The Courts Service is responsible for the administration and management of the courts in Ireland. Its primary functions are to:
- manage the courts
- support the judges
- provide information on the courts system to the public and
- provide court buildings and facilities for court users.
The Courts Service has no role in relation to the administration of justice which is a matter for the courts and the judiciary. Under the Constitution, judges are entirely independent in the exercise of their judicial functions.
Our Mission, Values and Vision
To support the judiciary and provide excellent services to all users of the courts thereby facilitating access to justice.
Our Vision is to develop a world class organisation that has as its primary objective, meeting the needs of court users
- Service: Customer Focussed; Timely; Friendly; Professional; Collaborative; Delivered to a high standard.
- Integrity: Honest; Objective; Fair; Impartial; Ethical; Accountable,
- Respect: Courteous; Considered.