Practice direction applicable in all cases whether for breach of contract or recovery of monies where the quality of the building works is in issue.
Steps to be taken before setting down for trial, where applicable:
- Schedule of works and costings to be agreed, if possible, and without admission of liability
- Parties should exchange expert reports to be relied on at trial
- Special damages should be vouched and agreed, where possible, without admission of liability
- Parties should agree a book of photographs to be relied on at trial
- Parties should prepare and file an agreed and numbered book of pleadings and book of correspondence inter partes
- Parties should prepare and file an agreed and numbered book of documents containing the relevant pre-contact correspondence, formal contract (if any), plans, bills of quantities etc, where possible.
Dated this 9th day of March 2009.
President of the Circuit Court