A number of documents may be exchanged between the parties before a case can be given a date for hearing.

These documents are not filed in the Central Office but must be included with the documents prepared for the judge on the day of the hearing.

You may find it necessary to bring applications before the court before the hearing of your case.  These applications are issued by way of notice of motion grounded on (supported by) an affidavit.

If nothing has happened in your case for more than 12 months you will need to serve a notice of intention to proceed on the other party and wait for a period of one month before filing any further documents.