Amendment to Order 34
S.I. No. 653 of 2011: District Court (Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010) Rules 2011
1. (1) These Rules, which may be cited as the District Court (Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010) Rules 2011, shall come into operation on the 4th day of January 2012.
(2) These Rules shall be construed together with the District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997) and all other District Court Rules.
(3) The District Court Rules as amended by these Rules may be cited as the District Court Rules 1997 to 2011.
2. The District Court Rules 1997 are amended:
(i) by the insertion immediately following rule 24 of Order 34 of the following:
“-Under section 78 or section 78 as applied by section 103 of the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010 (No. 6 of 2010)
25. An application by an authorised officer or, as the case may be, by a relevant authorised officer, for the issue of a warrant pursuant to section 78(2) of the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Act 2010 may be made to the Judge of the District Court assigned to the District Court District wherein the premises in respect of which the warrant is sought is situated. Such application shall be by information on oath and in writing of such officer in the Form 34.58, Schedule B, and shall be made and heard in accordance with Order 12, rule 27. A warrant issued on foot of such information shall be in the Form 34.59, Schedule B.”,
3. (1) The Forms numbered 34.58 and 34.59 in the Schedule shall be added to the Forms in Schedule B to the District Court Rules 1997, immediately following Form 34.57.