Amendment to Order 34
S.I. No. 106 of 2009: District Court (Consumer Protection Act 2007) Rules 2009
1. These rules may be cited as the District Court (Consumer Protection Act 2007) Rules 2009.
2. These rules shall come into operation on the 24th day of April 2009 and shall be construed together with the District Court Rules 1997 to 2009.
3. The District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997) are amended:
(iii) by the insertion in Order 34 immediately following rule 19 of the following:
“Under the Consumer Protection Act 2007 (No.19 of 2007)
20. An application by an authorised officer (for the time being appointed or continued as such in accordance with section 30 of the Consumer Protection Act 2007 (No 19 of 2007) for the issue of a warrant pursuant to section 30(10) of the said Act of 2007 may be made to the Judge of the District Court assigned to the District Court District wherein the premises in respect of which the warrant is sought are situated. Such application shall be by sworn information in writing of such authorised officer in the Form 34.43, Schedule B. A warrant issued on foot of such information shall be in the Form 34.44, Schedule B.”;
4. The Forms numbered 23.2, 34.43 and 34.44 in Schedule 1 hereof shall be added to the Forms in Schedule B of the District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997).