District Court Rules
Amendment to: Order 13
S.I. No. 203 of 2007: District Court (Criminal Justice Act 2006) Rules 2007
The District Court Rules Committee, in exercise of the powers conferred on them by section 91 of the Courts of Justice Act 1924, section 72 of the Courts of Justice Act 1936, section 34 of the Courts (Supplemental Provisions) Act 1961 and section 24 of the Interpretation Act 2005, do hereby, with the concurrence of the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform, make the following rules of court—
1. These rules may be cited as the District Court (Criminal Justice Act 2006) Rules 2007.
2. These rules shall come into operation on the 31st day of May 2007 and shall be read together with all other District Court Rules for the time being in force.
3. Order 13 of the District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No.93 of 1997) shall be amended by the substitution for rule 1 of the following—
“1. Criminal proceedings shall be brought, heard and determined either—
(a) in the court area wherein the offence charged or, if more than one offence is stated to have been committed within a Judge’s district, any one of such offences is stated to have been committed; or
(b) in the court area wherein the accused has been arrested, or
(c) in the court area wherein the accused resides, or
(d) in the court area specified by order made pursuant to the provisions
of section 15 of the Courts Act 1971, or
(e) in a case to which section 79A(1) of the Courts of Justice Act 1924 (inserted by section 178 of the Criminal Justice Act 2006) applies, in any court area within any of the districts referred to in that sub-section.”.
10. The Forms in Schedule 1 hereof shall be added to the Forms in Schedule B of the District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997).
11. The Forms in Schedule 2 hereof shall be substituted for the Forms bearing the like numbers in Schedule B of the District Court Rules 1997 (S.I. No. 93 of 1997).