Rules of the Superior CourtsProcedure by summary summons
The below amendment(s) have been made to this instrument which can be viewed by clicking on the link(s):
No2-S.I. No. 551 Of 2008: Rules Of The Superior Courts (European Orders For Payment) 2008
1. Procedure by summary summons may be adopted in the following classes of claims:
(1) In all actions where the plaintiff seeks only to recover a debt or liquidated demand in money payable by the defendant, with or without interest, arising:
(2) In actions where a landlord seeks to recover possession of land, with or without a claim for rent or mesne profits
(3) Claims in which the plaintiff in the first instance desires to have an account taken.
(a) upon a contract, express or implied (as, for instance, on a bill of exchange, promissory note, or cheque, or other simple contract debt); or
(b) on a bond or contract under seal for payment of a liquidated amount of money; or
(c) on a statute where the sum sought to be recovered is a fixed sum of money or in the nature of a debt other than a penalty; or
(d) on a guarantee, whether under seal or not, where the claim against the principal is in respect of a debt or liquidated demand only; or
(e) on a trust.
2. Procedure by summary summons may be adopted by consent of all parties in the case of a claim not coming within any of the classes in rule 1.