Circuit Court Rules
Amendment to: Order 5A
S.I. No. 215 of 2019: Circuit Court Rules (Personal Injuries: Section 8 Notices) 2019
1. (1) These Rules, which may be cited as the Circuit Court Rules (Personal Injuries: Section 8 Notices) 2019, shall come into operation on the 19th day of June 2019.
(2) These Rules shall be construed together with the Circuit Court Rules 2001 to 2019.
(3) The Circuit Court Rules 2001 to 2019 as amended by these Rules may be cited as the Circuit Court Rules 2001 to 2019.
2. The Circuit Court Rules are amended by the substitution in Order 5A for rule 4 of the following rule:
“4. (1) Where a plaintiff who has not served the notice required by section 8(1) of the Act within the time prescribed for service of such a notice alleges that there was a reasonable cause for such failure, the personal injuries summons shall include particulars of the cause of the said failure.
(2) Where a plaintiff alleges that he was unable, at the time at which a personal injuries summons was issued, to include in the personal injuries summons any of the information required by section 10 of the Act to be specified in the personal injuries summons, he shall include in the personal injuries summons a statement of the reasons why it is claimed that any such information could not be provided at the time of issue of the summons. The plaintiff shall, at the time the personal injuries summons is served or as soon as may be thereafter (whether by amendment or otherwise) provide such of the information required by section 10 as was not included in the personal injuries summons.”