Circuit Court Rules
Amendment to: Order 4
S.I. No. 583 of 2009: Circuit Court Rules (Combined Court Offices) 2009
1. These Rules, which may be cited as the Circuit Court Rules (Combined Court Offices) 2009, shall come into operation on the 11th day of January 2010.
2. These Rules shall be construed together with the Circuit Court Rules 2001 to 2009.
3. The Circuit Court Rules are amended:
(iii) by the substitution for sub-rules (2) and (3) of rule 1 of Order 4 of the following sub-rules:
“(2) Every document requiring under any provision of statute or statutory instrument, rule of law or any other Order of these Rules to be issued under Seal of the Court shall be authenticated by the Seal of the Court impressed thereon and the signature of a person mentioned in sub-rule (4).
(3) Every document requiring authentication other than one referred to in sub-rule (2), and every Decree, Order and Warrant, shall be authenticated by the signature of a person mentioned in sub-rule (4).
(4) The persons who may authenticate the impression of the Seal of the Court on a document mentioned in sub-rule (2) or a document mentioned in sub-rule (3) are:
(a) the County Registrar, or
(b) such person, or one of such persons, as may, for such period as may be specified, be nominated for that purpose by the County Registrar, or
(c) where any business of the office of the Court in a county is specified in accordance with section 14 of the Courts and Court Officers Act 2009 as business that shall be transacted in a combined court office established under that section, and for the purposes of such business:
on behalf of the County Registrar.”;
(i) the combined court office manager appointed under section 19 of that Act for that combined court office, or
(ii) a member of the staff of the Courts Service employed in that combined court office under section 21 of the Courts and Court Officers Act 2009 as may, for such period as may be specified, be nominated for that purpose by the combined court office manager concerned,