Circuit Court Rules
Amendment to: Order 3
S.I. No. 433 of 2016: Circuit Court Rules (Judges’ Robes) 2016
1. These Rules, which may be cited as the Circuit Court Rules (Judges’ Robes) 2016, shall come into operation on the 3 day of October 2016.
2. These Rules shall be construed together with the Circuit Court Rules 2001 to 2016.
3. The Circuit Court Rules 2001 to 2016 as amended by these Rules may be cited as the Circuit Court Rules 2001 to 2016.
4. Order 3 of the Circuit Court Rules is amended by the substitution for Rule 1 of the following rule:
“1. (1) Save as otherwise provided by Statute or these Rules, and subject to sub-rules (2) to (4), the official attire which shall be worn by the Judges during the sittings of the Court shall be as follows:
(a) a black coat and vest of uniform nature and material, of the kind heretofore worn by Senior Counsel and a black gown of uniform make and white bands as heretofore worn or
(b) a black gown of uniform nature and material with sleeves bearing dark red double ribbon banding and a single white neck tab.
(2) A Judge shall not be required to wear a wig of a ceremonial type during such sittings.
(3) The official attire which shall be worn during such sittings by a Judge appointed to the Court after the coming into operation of sub-rule (1) and this sub-rule shall be that specified in paragraph (b) of sub-rule (1).
(4) In proceedings to which Order 59 or Order 59A apply, the Judges shall during the sittings of the Court wear white bands or a single white neck tab.”